Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Theme Park Sculpture.

 






For my theme park sculpture, I brainstormed various ideas before settling on creating a sculpture of a game commonly found at theme parks or carnivals. Using wood, ink, and nails, I crafted a game with multiple targets, some containing nails for added depth. In the center of the main target, I placed a black dart.

To construct the sculpture, I started by cutting a flat piece of wood and creating a frame using two long plywood pieces. After painting the frame and base with ink and letting it dry. While drying I shaped shallow cylinders of wood and painted them in vibrant colors of purple, red, and blue. I then Nailed these cylinders through the back of the board to create some elevated targets.

Next, I painted rings onto the targets and fashioned a dart that i painted black. I then placed in the center. My inspiration for this project stemmed from my love of games, and creating it was an enjoyable experience.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme Park Sculpture.

  For my theme park sculpture, I brainstormed various ideas before settling on creating a sculpture of a game commonly found at theme parks ...