Wednesday, April 24, 2024

SS Newton (Cardboard Ship)












For my project using only cardboard, I decided to construct a pirate ship. I started by drafting schematics and calculating measurements. Then, I began the cutting process, first crafting the frame and then adding levels. Layering the cardboard, I created the appearance of planks for the ship's hull. After building the base, I added railings and pillars to support the sails. To ensure stability, I created a stand for the base by outlining the shape of the ship and cutting that shape into two pieces of wood. Finally, I painted the entire ship brown and the sails white. As a finishing touch, I added twine and tied lines of string to each pillar, enhancing the ship's authenticity. Creating the Shoe as the 1st project helped with this one ALOT.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme Park Sculpture.

  For my theme park sculpture, I brainstormed various ideas before settling on creating a sculpture of a game commonly found at theme parks ...